The island, an established member of the EU, is a respected international jurisdiction for business because of the opportunities created by a favorable tax regime, including many double tax treaty agreements, as well as its strategic location and high level of skilled professional workers.
International companies are able to enjoy the same low tax rates as local business, making the country one of the leading business destinations in Europe and an international financial centre. The country is also the gateway to Europe, Asia and Africa, at the crossroads of all three continents.
Establishing a Cyprus offshore company also provides a convenient “foothold” for non-EU countries such as China, India and Japan to engage in trade with Europe and vice versa with no exchange restrictions and offering the benefit of the 18% EU VAT – Europe’s lowest permissible rate.
- Some of the benefits of offshore business in Cyprus:
- Cyprus is member of the European Union
- A reputable country with an excellent location
- Profits taxed in the same way as local companies at only 12.5%
- Extensive tax exemptions trough the Double Tax Treaty network
- Tax-free management of shipping vessels registered in Cyprus
- VAT exemption on offshore activities
- Income from the sale of securities is exempt from tax
- No taxes for the repatriation of profits from Cyprus companies to non –residents
- No time restrictions in carrying forward tax losses
- Bank accounts offered in multiple currencies to suit you
- Dividend income and profits from the sale of shares are exempt from tax
- Income on foreign capital deposited in Cyprus banks remains tax exempt
- Useful base for the receipt of dividends, interest and royalties
- High-quality standard of professional services
- Excellent commercial infrastructure, banking and workforce capabilities
- Able to open a fully-operational office in Cyprus
- No minimum requirement for number of directors
We can help you to take advantage of these benefits, taking care of your corporate administration requirements and providing you with everything you need to establish a registered base in the country.